When a member wants to borrow a item, the item should be checked out to that member.
To start a "cart" to check in / out a item for a member:
- Search for or look up an item by "id" and click on "Check Out", or:
- Click on "Check In/Out" under Members and click "Start Cart"
- Once in the cart, you can see what items the user already has checked out, and you should receive warnings if the user has overdue items or if their membership has expired.
- You can check items in for the user right here as well.
- Check off any of the items the user is returning
- If the user owes and pays late fees, enter how much they are actually paying in late fees.
- You can add additional items to the users cart by id. Simply enter the id listed on the item into the "Add items by internal id:" and click "Add". You can add multiple items to the cart at once.
- Set the due date for all the items (currently all items in the cart at one time will have the same due date - in the near future we will allow setting due dates on a per-item basis).
- Enter how much money the user is paying to borrow the item (if they are)
- Enter any membership upgrade/renewal information
- Enter any additional donations
- Set the payment method
- Note, when entering amounts, you should enter how much the member is actually paying (we do not currently calculate "change", that will be coming soon).
- Click "Check Out".
You should receive a confirmation message and see a list of what items the user now has checked out. This list will include any items the user already had out, but
Note on late fees: We do not currently accrue unpaid late fees after a user checks in a item. For example, if the user owed $6 in late fees, but only paid $5 when the checked the item in - we do not currently accrue the $1 they still owe. We will be tracking unpaid (or underpaid) late fees in a future release.
You can also check a item in by simply entering the id into the "Check in/out item id:" box. This will take you straight to a check in page where you can select the item or items to check in for that user.