To allow members / subscribers to sign up and pay online, you need to setup your membership types, connect to stripe, and optionally setup one or more user agreements.
Connect to Stripe
Follow thing instructions on our connecting to stripe article to connect your organization to our secure online payments powered by Stripe.com.
Configure Membership Type(s)
You'll need to edit the membership types you want to allow to be purchased online at Settings -> Users / Customers -> Membership Types:
Check over all the options for the membership type, and make sure "Available for Self Purchase" is checked:
User Warning: This can be used to alert you that this user signed up online and should have their ID checked, sign paperwork in person if needed, or go through any other "new" user procedures. This is the same user warning that can be set on the users account or directly in the cart.
Required Agreement: If there is an agreement specific to this membership type (e.g. "Organizational" or "Business" customer agreement), you can set it here so that only users of this type are required to sign it.
Description: We also recommend setting a short description to tell the potential member / subscriber about each type of membership if you offer more than one option.
Then be sure to save your options at the bottom of the page:
- Do not change the "Self Registration Membership Type" - leave that as "request" and make sure there is no cost for this membership type. This type is used when a user creates an account and before they finish purchasing a membership -- or in case where you want to allow users to make their payment in person.
- If you already have changed your "request" type, either add a new one or change one back to "request" (or "account created but not paid for") and make sure there is no cost for the membership type.
- Users cannot currently change their membership type if they already have a paid membership type.
Review other Membership Agreements
Review and setup your Terms & Conditions or other agreements at:
Settings -> Customers / Users -> User Agreements
User Sign Up Process
Currently users will go through the following process to sign up online:
- Create their account
- Sign any agreements required for account creation
- Select their membership
- Sign any membership-specific agreements
- Pay for their membership
The following screen shot show three different membership options for "self purhcase:
Monthly: this is a monthly membership with an initial cost of $20/mon, a renewal cost of $15/mon, and the "Renew Automatically" option enabled. Users can click "Pay $20" to subscribe.
Yearly: this is a membership with a 1 year duration that costs $200 per year, but has a renewal cost of $100. It also allows for automatic renewal.
Yearly Flexible: you can also set up "flexible" or "pay what you want/can" memberships that have a Duration (1 year in this case), recommended cost ($100), and a minimum amount ($10 in this case).