If desired for customers, "members" or simply cross-department billing, our system provides a number of membership management tools. If you choose, customers/members can log in to the system to get additional information about items in your inventory, check to see their lending history and view receipts for their transactions.
Admins can setup membership levels with associated costs and a default loan period for items (e.g. you can allow different types of members to borrow items for different periods of time by default). A membership fee (or recommended donation), and default length of membership can be assigned to each membership type as well. This allows for having membership levels like:
- Regular: $30/year
- Students: $10 for 6 months
- Professional: $50 for 3 months
To configure your membership types:
- Click on Settings -> Customers / Users -> Membership Types
- You can show or edit an existing membership type or
- Click on the "New Membership Type" at the top.
- Fill in the information for that membership type (see options below)
Members can sign up online but will be put into a “membership request” state till an admin grants them membership. Usually, the membership process includes singing required forms and potentially paying a membership fee. Admins should not change an account to have “full member” status until that user has filled out any required paperwork and paid their membership/co-op fees/etc. if necessary.
Other Membership Options
- Flexible Cost: Allow a "pay what you want/can" option
- Available for Self Purchase: If you are using our online payments system, you can allow users to sign up and pay for their own membership
- Warnings: when they sign up, this message will be added to their "User Warning" which will be seen by admins when interacting with the user.
- Required Agreement: you can set a special membership agreement just for this membership type (e.g. "Organizational")
- Discontinued: This membership is no longer offered to new customers, but old ones can still renew it.
- Discounts: You can set discounts on loan and late fees by membership type
- Default Loan Length: If an item type is set to "use membership type" for the default loan length, this is the value that will be used instead of the default for the Item Type.
- May Use Self Service Kiosk: if your organization has the Kiosk Mode enabled, this allows you to specify which memberships can use the Kiosk
- Reminders: send up to 5 reminders to encourage members to renew their membership