Items on the myTurn platform can be reserved or booked in advance to help ensure they are available when customers need them.
You can enable Reservations in:
Settings -> Loans & Reservations
- Allow self renewal of loans: Allows users be able to renew their own loans (if there are no conflicting reservations)
- You can use Item Default Values to set limits on the maximum number of self-renewals (recommended: 1)
- Enable reservations: this is the main setting to turn on/off reservations
- Automatically approve non-conflicting reservations: enable this if you want reservations to be approved automagically if there is not another conflicting reservation
- If you don't enable this, reservations will not be approved till an administrator approves the reservation
- Display user names for reservations: this allows your users to see who has items reserved and checked out.
- Use with caution, this will let your users see what other users have items reserved
- Very useful for internal usage to facilitate person to person transfers of items (still requires an admin to check items in from one person and back out to the other)
- [NEW] Users may edit their own reservations: admins can always edit reservations, but you can specify if your users should be able to submit edits to their reservation. After each submitted change, the reservation will need to be re-approved (if automatic approval is not enabled)
- Maximum reservation length: Set the maximum length (in days) for any reservation
- Require note for reservations: Combined with using Settings -> Organization -> Language -> Translation Mode to customize the "reservation notes" message, you can require a note and ask for things like pick up time or other info.
Things that may impact if an item can be reserved:
- Item Statuses: Settings -> Inventory -> Edit Statuses lets you setup statuses for items that allow you to specify if they can be reserved. This can be useful if you have some items that should not be resettable.
- Overdue: You cannot setup a new reservation for items that are Overdue (in case they do not come back)
- Maximum reservation length: the maximum length a reservation can be
- Default Reservation Email Address: the email address reservation notifications are sent to