If your subscription supports the Locations feature, you can add new locations by going to:
- myTurn Admin (as a Super Administrator for your organization)
- Settings -> Organization -> Edit Locations
- and then clicking on "New Location" in the upper right
For each location, you can define:
- Name: how the location will be identified in inventory browse and when setting the location of individual items.
- Parent Location: if you have a hierarchy of departments of locations, you can set/change the parent location. If this is the first location you are adding, there will be no "parent location".
- Reservations: whether items at this location can be reserved
- Reservation Email: the email address of the admin that will receive reservation requests for this location
- Inventory Visibility: which type of users should be able to see inventory for this location. This lets you keep some of your inventory only visible to admins, or users who are logged into an account. Selecting "Default" will use the parent location, or the settings in your Settings -> Organization Options, if this location has no parent location.
- Address & Hours: If this Location represents a different physical location, you can set a different address and hours for the location. (OPTIONAL)
After you have added location, you can edit the options on those locations. Please note that when you edit a location, all of the inventory items in that location will be reindexed for search and browsing (this may take up to a few minutes).
- Locations will inherit settings from their parent location unless you override them in the sub-location.
- You can grant admins permissions to just specific locations by editing their Permissions.